Sunday, September 27, 2009
Wendover!!
This past weekend we went to Wendover because I'm finally 21! We wanted to go down to Vegas but just didn't have the time so we took a one nighter and gambled in Wendover instead. It was so much fun!!! Well... for the most part! I started out playing BlackJack because it's an easy game and all I've ever heard is for the most part, you can win some money, or at least stay even. WRONG!! I lost $75 pretty quick after going to three different tables too! I was about ready to cry because I've never lost so much money so quickly. So we decided to switch up games to Progressive Hold 'Em which I had seen some of JC's friends play a little bit. It is my new favorite game! We ended up breaking even playing that but it was so much fun! It's just poker, but all you have to do is beat the dealer. No strategy of betting or anything... definitely my kind of game! After a while, I let JC go play some poker because I know how much he loves to. It was fun just watching him get in the mood and play, plus all the drunk people at the table were pretty funny too! Finally, around 4:00 am we called it a night $100 ahead of what we started so instead of driving home, we used that money to get us a hotel room. All in all, it was a great "first experience" but I'm never playing BlackJack again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds like fun once you started to win. Ive never played at a table just the slots so props to you for that. Its too intimidating for me. Glad you won some money though.
ReplyDeleteOh, you official little gambler. I am telling mom.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog. You two look so cute, I cant wait to check out all your picts.
ReplyDelete